- Ofsted is a COMPLETELY different experience if you have nothing to hide/fear.
- Children are different in every school and you cannot generalise in all aspects from one to another.
- SLT in a well run school are different to those in one that is not.
- Email does not have to be the only form of communication & a school can run just as/more efficiently by talking & notice boards/briefings/newsletters
- GCSEs are failing to challenge some children. I’m teaching top set year 9 A Level style/content and they’ll have a big drop if they choose GCSE.
- How I teach works. It’s not conventional. It fails all tick sheets. It’s natural. But students learn & like it.
- The ethos of a school is crucial and it comes from everyone in it.
- Giving power to middle leaders is the driving force of a school ( I knew this anyway but just hadn’t experienced it)
- Year 7 are so funny, heart warming and great to teach (I haven’t taught them for a few years)
- I love teaching. I love marking. I love having my own classroom. I love my school.
oh yes and 11. Money isn’t everything. Happiness is.